Copyright for Postgraduates
All postgraduate students are producers and consumers of material which is protected by copyright. It is vital that they have an understanding of copyright as an intellectual property right and that they acquire the skills to identify copyright and licensing issues when they arise in the course of their research and then address those issues with confidence and in a professional manner. Although other IP rights such as patents will be mentioned briefly, the main focus will be on copyright itself.
- How to avoid infringing copyright in the work of others (third-party copyright);
- How to manage copyright in your own work and make informed decisions about it;
- Copyright, Open Access and Creative Commons licences;
- Judging levels of copyright risk;
- UCL's Student IPR policy;
- The IPR aspects of submitting your thesis.
Participation and questions from attendees are encouraged and there should be time at the end of the session to deal with questions about individual projects or circumstances.
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- 10:00am - 12:00pm
- IOE - Bedford Way (20) - 425 - PC Lab 2