Literature Searching using PubMed
PubMed is one of the premier sources of bibliographic information for biomedicine and health. Discover how to carry out an effective literature search in PubMed, how to filter out evidence-based literature and how to use the PubMed thesaurus MeSH. Learn to save your search, create email alerts, save and email search results, customise the search screen and identify where the full text is available.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Run an effective literature search independently
- Understand what MeSH terms are and why they are used
- Filter out evidence based literature
- Save your search strategy and set up email updates for new references
- Output search results to email, collections [folders] in your account and reference management software packages
- Set up links from PubMed to full text articles to which our library subscribes
- Use important features of PubMed with confidence
MSc Students: Important booking information
Bookings for MSc students will be provisional until a firm place on the course is confirmed by a library administrator.
Please note that priority on our courses is given to staff and PhD students from UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health, UCL Institute of Global Health, and Great Ormond Street Hospital.
The library reserves the right to charge £50 for any cancellation made with less than 24 hours notice, as well as for failure to attend.
If you are more than 15 minutes late, we reserve the right to refuse entry to the session.
UCL ICH Wolfson Centre, First Floor, Cluster Room I, 43 Mecklenburgh Square, London WC1N 2AP
- Tuesday, December 17, 2019
- 10:30am - 12:00pm
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- Wolfson Centre First Floor Cluster Room I
- UCL Great Ormond Street Institute of Child Health LIbrary