Introduction to EndNote
EndNote is an application for collecting and organising reference information and for citing references in a Word document. It enables you to cite references and produce a bibliography automatically in a preferred style and is especially useful for those writing papers and theses. Staff and students of UCL have access to EndNote software via Desktop@UCL. There is also an online version of EndNote.
The aim of this session is to introduce EndNote, primarily focussing on the Desktop version of the software. It covers creating an EndNote Library, adding references and full text documents to that library and managing your library. It also looks at using the Cite While You Write function, which allows the integration of EndNote software with Word, and briefly looks at making use of the online version of EndNote. This is a practical session, giving attendees the opportunity to create and work with their own EndNote library.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Define what EndNote is and what it can do
- Create, open and close an EndNote Library
- Add and edit references using different methods, including importing from electronic sources such as databases and library catalogues, adding manually and importing PDF documents
- Attach full text documents to references
- Organise and manage references
- Insert citations and bibliographies into a Word document.
- Access and use EndNote online and to sync an EndNote Library
Location: Queen Square Library Training Room, 1st Floor, 23 Queen Square. Map: https://www.ucl.ac.uk/maps/ion-library. Please note that latecomers can only be admitted for the first 20 minutes of this course.
If you have any questions about this session, please contact the Queen Square Library: email@example.com.
If there is no 'Begin Registration' button below, bookings are closed for this session. Please visit the training calendar to view alternative dates. Courses may be cancelled at short notice if too few bookings are received, in the unlikely event that this course is cancelled, we will email you at the address you used to register.
Related LibGuide: EndNote by Angela Young
- Thursday, January 16, 2020
- 9:30am - 11:30am
- Queen Square Library
- Queen Square Library