Getting started with your systematic review Online
Are you considering undertaking a systematic review for your dissertation or other research project and would like to know more about what is involved? This session aims to introduce the methodology and processes involved in undertaking a systematic review, so you are ready to get started.
By the end of the session, you will be able to:
- Define what a systematic review is
- Outline the steps involved in carrying out a systematic review.
- Understand how to start to undertake a systematic review, including utilising relevant resources, tools and guidance.
This session is delivered by library staff who are experts in searching for systematic reviews. Whilst an overview of the whole process of undertaking a systematic review will be given, there will be more detail on the searching aspect, such as exploratory searches, developing a search strategy and reporting your search methodology. Please note that data extraction and meta-analyses will only be covered briefly as steps within the systematic review process.
This session is suitable for any UCL students or staff, and NHS staff interested in carrying out a systematic review. Whilst the session is relevant to all disciplines, some of the resources and methods mentioned may be specific to a particular discipline, such as medicine / health care. While there are no pre-requisites for attending this session, it will be assumed that attendees have at least some basic knowledge of literature searching.
After the session there will be an opportunity to ask questions. The session will run for an hour, but tutors will remain for an additional 30 minutes if there are any questions which have not been answered during the hour. The hour session does not offer hands-on practice or time to explore complex queries. Please contact us or the relevant site library or subject librarian for individual specialist support.
- Searching for systematic reviews: LibrarySkills@UCL guide.
- Systematic reviews searching: Moodle online lesson
- Systematic reviews: Guide from the Institute of Education.
This session will be delivered using Zoom. Please see joining instructions.
This session will not be recorded.
- Thursday, June 3, 2021
- 10:00 - 11:30
- Time Zone:
- UK, Ireland, Lisbon Time (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.